Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Murphy's Law Actually Exists!!

A couple of days ago I woke, got ready and headed for work. I got to the office earlier than usual and found that I didn't have my badges with me, I had left them at home, that would allow me into the building I work in. But, I figured it was no big deal because just as I was getting out of my car, one of my fellow employees was getting out of his car. Of course, he had forgot his badges as well because he was using his wife's car and his were in the other car. But all hope was not lost, here comes another car! Oh well, it turned out to be a new employee that didn't even have his badges yet.

Well, that's okay, I will just call into the building and have whoever was in there come and let us in. There were cars in the parking lot and one of them I recognized as the person who is usually at the front desk this early, even though the doors would not officially open for another half hour. Lo and behold, I don't have any reception! I'm maybe ten feet from getting in and I can't make a call on my cell phone! Up to this point I had ALWAYS had great recieption around the building! By this time we were laughing uproariously because we had been standing out there looking around dumbly for around 15 minutes holding brief cases and bags. This was getting silly!

Finally, another employee came to the door and let us in shortly after that. This was an employee that usually didn't get to the office until much later....of course! What a wonderful start to an interesting week......oh, did I fail to mention it was Monday?!

No comments: