Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Thinking . . . Grrrrrr!

From Tuesday, July 06, 2004 08 00 AM PST


You ever just sit and wonder what the heck is going on? I mean here I am, a white, Christian, Conservative Male, living in the United States of America . . . . I guess I might as well have a target on my back! What is the deal? I can not understand how we as a society got to where we are. We can't be conservative because what is "right" for you might not be what's "right" for me...Riiiight! One can't be Christian because anything you say, do or put on your bumper sticker is construed as "hate-speech". The term "freedom of religion" has taken now to mean "freedom FROM religion". Litening to these people say that "the white man is the devil" and "these white supremists...". What did I ever do to these people? How is it that it's fine and okay for these very confused and angry people, who represent a very small portion of society, to use sweeping generalizations that have to do with my race, yet if I talk about my beliefs, those values I hold dear, or if some fool out there who happens to be white says some racial joke, it's wrong? This just doesn't make any sense. Why is it so important for homosexuals to not only have the same rights as everyone else, but better rights based on thier behaviour and not on anything else. Shoot, if that's all it takes to get extra rights then I should be able to do as I please and get the governement to give me all sorts of benefits! It's just all foolishness! It's getting out of hand.


Oh I know, I know, I'm making a lot of you who might read this angry and may get a lot of flack over it, but you know, I still have the freedom to express MY views, just like anyone else. I have the RIGHT to freedom of speech and religion, even though those both are under attack. I still believe and know that marriage is the union between one mand and one woman, irreguardless of what anyone "thinks". Remember they are trying to REDEFINE marriage, we are trying to PRESERVE what marriage is. We're not trying to take anything away from them, they ahve the same rights as anyone else under law, they just want more rights. It was interesting to me that in San Francisco, two men going to college decided to get married to take advantage of the benefits married couples get. These two men were not and are not gay. This caused an aweful outcry from the homosexual community. Why? Isn't this what they want, isn't this what it's all about? I wish they would make up thier minds.


Oh man! I am ranting aren't I? Sorry, I will stop now and let it rest. I know I will get flack from some of you and there may be those who will outright reject me as thier friends. That's okay. As many of you have put in your profiles, you wish to be accepted for who you are, without judgement. Well, I sincereley hope that you will not be the ones to reject me. It will be a good test as to who's going to be real and whose not. Not for me, mind you, but for you who might disagree with me or find what I say here to be offensive.


Well, on with the day.

No comments: