Tuesday, October 19, 2004

You've Always Been There

This is from my Poetry Book entitled "Diamonds in the Rough"


Throughout my life I have suffered loss, pain, and grief.

I have felt the tinge of hunger and the hideous grip of sickness.

Many times I have fallen and not wished to rise.

Yet I saw the horizon on which all dreams lie.


At times I felt wealth, riches and happiness.

I felt warmth, security, prosperity, love.


I worked hard in hard times, I rested peacefully in quiet.

There were both good and bad yet all the while you were with me.


At times my anger rose and my voice lifted against you.

My fists clenched I shook in heavenward directions.

My cries were loud and desperate in the night hours.


And all the time you were there.

Many times in the past I could not see it, I could not feel it wrapped around me.


But seeing then now I see your hand surrounded me,

and even when I wandered aimlessly in circles,

with you, the path was straight, straight to your heart, your arms.


Through it all you've been my best friend, even though I never was yours.

You led me and guided me and brought me home in the end.


An ending of a beginning and a beginning of a new day.


What a song it is that you've planted in my heart, what a pleasure beyond belief.

A treasure that outlasts gold, and silver.

The ultimate expression in love, the price, the payment, all said and done.



No comments: