Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Thinking . . . . But God....

There are times I absolutely marvel at the way life goes and what happens.

I could be very angry, depressed, hopeless and catatonic.

In a world where cancer comes and visits that family for the third time,
where jobs are so scarce that very few have them around me,
where hope toys with one's emotions and dreams and slaps you in the face over and over...

It's tough to continue to fight through, to continue to hope, continue to dream, to allow one's self to look forward to anything at all. I have for so long been in "survival" mode I have forgotten how to hope and dream like I used to. Depression has been a companion of mine...

But God...

I look back and I see Him working in my life.

I went without income for three months, but I had shelter, food and family.

I went for a long time living around those who had it out for me time and time again, yet I still have friends who care and family who loves me.

I went for a long time with no church home, yet I still had God's love in my heart and His word to guide me.

I have an amazing wife who loves me, in spite of me at times. I have two incredible daughters that make me proud.

Even though I have had a hard time of late, I have to say that God is good, all the time, no matter what and I have so much to be thankful for and so many reason, even though many are carnal, to be faithful and trusting of Him.

Thank you Lord for saving me, my family and many of my friends. Those who aren't saved, work on 'em!

No comments: