Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Contenment

You know there have been many time in the past that I have had great jobs. I am talking about dream type jobs that make other people jealous and e sit in great contentment.....well, at least they should have. Many times I have been so blessed with amazing jobs that I could have stayed in for the rest of my life and been quite happy. But I wasn't then. Isn't it sad that no matter what we get in to and what God blesses us with we have to find some sort of reason to be unhappy in it. No matter what. Each one of those "dream jobs" of mine I found something to complain about to the point I was ready to jump ship about. Sad, rally sad.

What I am trying to do now is look at ANY opportunity that I am presented with as a major blessing from God and I have to choose to be glad in it. No matter what the case. you see, I have been out of work for over six months and now I am in a a job that, based on my previous experience, pays me an insulting amount an hour, doesn't utilize ANY of my talents and abilities that I've spent the last twenty years developing, BUT.....God blessed me with it. It's positive income, a chance for me to show my appreciation to Him and be content in a tough situation.

Right now I am working on several opportunities to bring in a steady income. With today's economy, the state of the company I work for right now, it's good that I have other possibilities in the wings. I am hoping and praying that these will come to fruition. These other opportunities would allow me to work from home and spend time with my family and focus more on ministry.

I thank God for my house and the wonderful family I have.

No comments: