Saturday, May 15, 2010

What should I do?

It's aggravating when I find myself stumbling across something that I know is bad for someone else. I don't know if this has ever happened to you, but working with people and their computers I stumble across a lot of things that really disturb me. I find pictures that they should never have been looking at, conversation these people should never have been having and all of this I hate to say I discover in the few moments that it takes me to realize what I am looking at and close whatever t is I am obviously not supposed to see. I guess god feels that way at times. He's privy to everything, I mean EVERYTHING in our lives. Every time we make the wrong decision, He is there. He offers us advice through others and His word, but we stil pull the stunts that we do. When I discover this type of stuff it makes me feel sick to my stomach. I don't talk about it, I don't discuss it, I say nothing. I know that I should, but these people are trusting me to not look at what I shouldn't. In fat there have been times that I have had to sign agreements that do not allow me to discuss what I "may" see with anyone, including letting the people who own the computer know I have seen whatever it is. My family bought a used computer from a guy who did real estate stuff for people. I won't even pretend to understand what it was I saw, but I had the names, addresses, phone numbers, financial records, and in some cases social security numbers as well for people that this moron had done business with. He hadn't even gone through and cleaned the hard drive off. AMAZING! Makes me feel real good about anyone having a laptop or computer at home that they use for work.

Anyway, I don't know how I got here, but it's tough to see what I have seen and then struggle with whether or not I should say anything.

No comments: